Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Black Lab Server 7 Released
1. We finally leave behind the 3.0 kernel series and we are up to kernel 3.19 which has some unique features and additional hardware drivers.
2. Black Lab Server 7.0 was built for the cloud for you guys to deploy cloud services like OwnCloud, OpenStack, and hosting web applications through terminal services. We are also the ONLY Debian/Ubuntu derivative that is certified through Canonical to run JuJu on both x86_64 and POWER8
3. Black Lab Server 7 is a virtual machine platform. Not only do we support legacy 16 bit and 32 bit applications we also support Windows 7/8/10 FreeBSD, Solaris, eComStation, as well as Xinous OpenServer X Virtual Machines through Virtualbox. We also virtualize mainframe OS's through Hercules. If you are going to emulate Mainframe operating systems you have to get the OS through your Mainframe software provider and upon our testing of z/OS we dont recommend any less than 32 gb of RAM. You can use 16 gb but we found the sweet spot to be 32 gb.
4. LAMP Stack - It comes with the full LAMP stack as well as support for Tomcat application server and JBoss. Black Lab Server 7 is also the only Debian derivative to be certified for Oracle Database Products, Oracle Hyperion, IBM WebSphere, Apple WebObjects and Red Hat JBoss Application Server.
5. Security. We have made this the most secure server OS on the market today. You can disable or enable USB and other data ports through the OS. No more super glue is needed for your USB ports. USB sticks and other removable media needs to have an admin password to mount. All user directories are encrypted by default.
6. Data security - We realize data security is important to our customers. we have instituted the Watchdog subsystem. Watchdog is a proprietary subsystem developed by us and it requires two admin level users to transfer data from the server to any removable drive. Any file that resides on that server. There is no way to bypass that feature or to turn it off by a normal user.
Black Lab Server 7 is certified on a few systems by the vendor.
HP Proliant G5 through G8
ThinkServer TS140 Tower Server
Lenovo System x3250 M5
Lenovo System x3550 M5
Lenovo System x3850 X6
Lenovo System x3950 X6
Black Lab Server 7 can run on a wide variety of server and re-purposed desktop systems
Starting price for the software based release of Black Lab Server 7 is $995.99 USD Corporate and $550.00 USD for education for a two year service contract. This is a per server price with unlimited client licenses.
We also have our own server hardware that comes preinstalled with Black Lab Server 7
Black Lab Appliance Server - 2U Rackserver 6 Core Xeon Processor with up to 25TB of storage space and with RAM from 16GB to 192GB with a starting price of $2,100.99 USD Contact email@example.com for pricing and availability
Black Lab MiniSERV - Desktop Core i3 processor 1TB hard drive, 16gb of RAM expandable to 32 gb. This system starts at $799.00 and you can order the base model from our webstore http://www.pc-opensystems.com/p/commercial-hardware.html Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for education pricing.
Black Lab POWERServe - 1U Rackmount Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz, 16GB DDR3 Up to 32GB DDR3, 2x 500GB Hard Drive. Starting at 1,299.99 you can order the base model from our webstore http://www.pc-opensystems.com/p/commercial-hardware.html Contact email@example.com for education pricing.
Welcome to PC/OpenSystems LLC
PC/OpenSystems LLC. is dedicated to providing top customer service including integration, providing Linux compatible hardware and enterprise desktop software solutions. We provide solutions tailored to your needs whether its building systems to suit your needs. Whether its a custom database solution, providing Linux powered PC and Server Solutions. Whatever you need you can rest assured that PC/OpenSystems LLC. will deliver a high performance and stable product
PC/OpenSystems LLC. Web Search