Friday, January 30, 2015
Monday, January 19, 2015
While there has not been a ton of changes since our last release of it back in October we did do some significant rework of it. We installed all updates up to January 19, 2015. We have also reworked the GUI so that Windows and Mac OS users who come over will not have any difficulty using the system. So with this release what is new.
1. Heavily customized XFCE 4.11.4 Desktop
2. Firefox 35
3. Thunderbird 31.4 Released on January 19, 2015
4. GTK 3.14
5. Font Manager
6. Fogger for Web Apps
7. Updated Dropbox
8. Updated Steam client
9. Black Lab Visual Subsystem 8
10. Linux Kernel 3.13.44
11. Install Script for 3.18.3
There have been over 60 updates application and system updates that have been applied.
You can download Black Lab Linux XFCE 6 from our Sourceforge Page
Black Lab Linux XFCE 6.0 SR1.1 x86_64
Black Lab Linux XFCE is also available in a Professional Desktop build
If you would like to purchase or donate to the Black Lab Linux Project you can do that here:
Donate to the Black Lab Linux Project
Purchase a Live USB, LiveSD, LiveDVD
Purchase Black Lab Linux 6.0 SR1.1
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Built on the base of Black Lab Linux 6, the KDE release contains the following software.
Thunderbird with the Lightning Extension
All multimedia codecs
Muon Software Center
And many, many more software packages included and many more waiting to be discovered.
Some of the customizations that we make with Black Lab Linux KDE is that we cut off all unnecessary services and effects so we trim down the memory requirements for the system. Many people have asked, what do we get that we wouldnt get with vanilla Kubuntu? We include everything you need as a desktop system completely out of box. You get streaming music, audio and video, office applications, system management tools, gaming facilities, and the ability to create your own desktop webapps. So if you use Google Docs, Microsoft Office Online you can use them with Black Lab Linux. Filesharing is made easy both by industry standard networking tools as well as through Dropbox. So with that lets go ahead an answer a few questions that users may have.
Q) Will you guys be switching from GNOME3 to KDE now?
A) No, GNOME3 will continue to be our default window manager we are offering KDE as an alternative desktop for users. Rightfully so because demand has been so high.
Q) Will KDE be offered alongside GNOME3 for professional desktop users?
A) Yes, KDE and GNOME3 are the only two choices users get on the Pro Desktop series.
Installer still sports Kubuntu Branding - We are working on a new installer
Older NVIDIA cards may not work in live mode but the direct install option does work.
No installer on desktop in live mode - Open the menu and go to the system submenu and the installer is there.
You can download Black Lab Linux KDE from our Sourceforge Page
Black Lab Linux KDE 6.0 SR1 x86_64
If you are would like installable media or are on bandwith restrictions or you would like to purchase Black Lab Linux KDE on a Live USB, Live SD card or Live DVD please visit our store:
Buy Black Lab Linux
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Kernel Kit script
Release Notes + readme
Black Lab Linux 5.x/6.x
Black Lab Pro Desktop 6.x
Black Lab Education Desktop 5.x/6.x
Linux Mint 17.x
You can download the kit from our Sourceforge Page
Kernel Enablement Kit 3.18.2
PLEASE VIEW THE ENCLOSED README FOR INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
Whats new in this release:
- Re-clocking improvements for AMD's Radeon driver.
- Radeon R600 UVD hardware-accelerated video decoding support for old ATI/AMD GPUs of the Radeon HD 3000 series.
- Radeon Userptr support.
- Numerous Intel graphics enhancements across the board.
- Nouveau DisplayPort audio, other re-clocking work, and various other enhancements for this open-source NVIDIA driver.
- Other DRM improvements.
- Many new media drivers.
- New support for ARM SoCs on Linux.
- AMD Carrizo thermal monitoring.
- Razer Sabertooth support and other input device improvements.
- Wacom tablet enhancements.
- ACPI and power management improvements.
- PCI support on 64-bit ARM (ARM64/AArch64).
- Faster suspend and resume on large servers / many CPU cores.
- Btrfs improvements with recovery and repair in RAID configurations being notable.
- F2FS additions like FITRIM support, atomic/volatile writes, and much more.
- Many minor XFS improvements.
- Cleaning and bug fixing happened for EXT4.
- The mailbox framework has finally been mainlined.
- Xen PVSCSI support.
- Firmware core-dumps to user-space via sysfs for allowing better debugging of GPU/WiFi microcode issues and other complex firmware problems.
- USB improvements.
Welcome to Black Lab Microsystems.
Black Lab Software Inc. is dedicated to providing top customer service including integration, providing Linux compatible hardware and enterprise desktop software solutions. We provide solutions tailored to your needs whether its building systems to suit your needs. Whether its a custom database solution, providing Linux powered PC and Server Solutions. Whatever you need you can rest assured that Black Lab Software Inc. will deliver a high performance and stable product
Black Lab Software Inc. Web Search