Sunday, October 19, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
1. Samba Networking - Some users filed issues where Files wasnt automatically picking up created shares. This issue has now been fixed.
2. Single Core - Some single core systems that were 64 bit capable would register an error during installation citing that the system could not be installed and continue with the installation anyway. This was potentially negative for users so the error code was removed.
3. Wifi Stability - When going into standby Wifi would disconnect and refuse to reconnect unless the user rebooted the system. This issue was fixed with the 3.13.0-37 Kernel update. This error is NOT present in the 3.17 Kernel Kit.
Among that we refreshed the system with the 3.13.0-37 kernel as well as the following:
1. All October security updates have been applied to the system.
2. Firefox 33 is now included
3. All GNOME 3 UI enhancements from RC1 have been applied
4. OpenSSH server has been installed but not enabled
5. Skype 4.3 has been updated in the /opt/extras folder
For current users all you have to do is open the terminal and type "sudo apt-get update " and then "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade"
Or you can download the new ISO from the Sourceforge Page
Black Lab Professional Desktop 6.0.1 x86_64
If you wish to purchase a copy or a corporate subscription of Black Lab Professional Desktop 6.0.1 and get 12 months of phone and e-mail support as well as enable advanced features please visit our Buy It Now Page.
Purchase support Subscriptions for Black Lab Professional Desktop
Saturday, October 11, 2014
We have the newest LTS kernel, 3.13.0-37
Simple Screen Recorder
Updated Steam client
As well as all the bug fixes for the core system.
There are less sporadic crashes and now with GNOME 3, we have nailed down performance in Virtual Machine Instances and we also improved support for running Black Lab Linux 6 in Openstack instances as well as VMWare and Hyper-V.
Interface wise we added the Dash to Dock Extension as well as quicklists so you can have more functionality out of the dock. Before release on November 1, 2014 we will go over all the extensions that we have used.
You can get the RC1 release from our download page
Black Lab Linux 6 RC1 x86_64
Monday, October 6, 2014
Users of proprietary video card drivers and VirtualBox users will have to reinstall those drivers and applications.
So whats new with kernel 3.17?
- Radeon R9 290 “Hawaii” GPUs finally play nicely with the open-source AMD Linux driver.
- Microsoft Xbox One controller support.
- Improvements to the Sony SIXAXIS support
- Toshiba “Active Protection Sensor” Support, a driver to detect if Toshiba laptops are in a free-fall.
- Open-source NVIDIA driver improvements.
- DMA-BUF cross-device synchronization support
- Broadcom BCM7XXX-based board support
- ACPI 5.1 activity and other power management improvements.
- Audio support includes Wildcatpoint Audio DSP on Intel Broadwell Ultrabooks.
Kernel Enablement Kit 3.17
Welcome to Black Lab Microsystems.
Black Lab Software Inc. is dedicated to providing top customer service including integration, providing Linux compatible hardware and enterprise desktop software solutions. We provide solutions tailored to your needs whether its building systems to suit your needs. Whether its a custom database solution, providing Linux powered PC and Server Solutions. Whatever you need you can rest assured that Black Lab Software Inc. will deliver a high performance and stable product
Black Lab Software Inc. Web Search