Tuesday, September 29, 2015
1. We finally leave behind the 3.0 kernel series and we are up to kernel 3.19 which has some unique features and additional hardware drivers.
2. Black Lab Server 7.0 was built for the cloud for you guys to deploy cloud services like OwnCloud, OpenStack, and hosting web applications through terminal services. We are also the ONLY Debian/Ubuntu derivative that is certified through Canonical to run JuJu on both x86_64 and POWER8
3. Black Lab Server 7 is a virtual machine platform. Not only do we support legacy 16 bit and 32 bit applications we also support Windows 7/8/10 FreeBSD, Solaris, eComStation, as well as Xinous OpenServer X Virtual Machines through Virtualbox. We also virtualize mainframe OS's through Hercules. If you are going to emulate Mainframe operating systems you have to get the OS through your Mainframe software provider and upon our testing of z/OS we dont recommend any less than 32 gb of RAM. You can use 16 gb but we found the sweet spot to be 32 gb.
4. LAMP Stack - It comes with the full LAMP stack as well as support for Tomcat application server and JBoss. Black Lab Server 7 is also the only Debian derivative to be certified for Oracle Database Products, Oracle Hyperion, IBM WebSphere, Apple WebObjects and Red Hat JBoss Application Server.
5. Security. We have made this the most secure server OS on the market today. You can disable or enable USB and other data ports through the OS. No more super glue is needed for your USB ports. USB sticks and other removable media needs to have an admin password to mount. All user directories are encrypted by default.
6. Data security - We realize data security is important to our customers. we have instituted the Watchdog subsystem. Watchdog is a proprietary subsystem developed by us and it requires two admin level users to transfer data from the server to any removable drive. Any file that resides on that server. There is no way to bypass that feature or to turn it off by a normal user.
Black Lab Server 7 is certified on a few systems by the vendor.
HP Proliant G5 through G8
ThinkServer TS140 Tower Server
Lenovo System x3250 M5
Lenovo System x3550 M5
Lenovo System x3850 X6
Lenovo System x3950 X6
Black Lab Server 7 can run on a wide variety of server and re-purposed desktop systems
Starting price for the software based release of Black Lab Server 7 is $499.99 USD Corporate and $350.00 USD for education for a two year service contract.
We also have our own server hardware that comes preinstalled with Black Lab Server 7
Black Lab Appliance Server - 2U Rackserver 6 Core Xeon Processor with up to 25TB of storage space and with RAM from 16GB to 192GB with a starting price of $2,100.99 USD Contact email@example.com for pricing and availability
Black Lab MiniSERV - Desktop Core i3 processor 1TB hard drive, 16gb of RAM expandable to 32 gb. This system starts at $799.00 and you can order the base model from our webstore http://www.pc-opensystems.com/p/commercial-hardware.html Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for education pricing.
Black Lab POWERServe - 1U Rackmount Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz, 16GB DDR3 Up to 32GB DDR3, 2x 500GB Hard Drive. Starting at 1,299.99 you can order the base model from our webstore http://www.pc-opensystems.com/p/commercial-hardware.html Contact email@example.com for education pricing.
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
The Black Lab Appliance Server offers superior functionality for big data analysis, solutions in industrial applications, scientific technology simulations, and open source infrastructure services.
How is the Black Lab Appliance Server versatile for business? It's loaded with features, gives you the choice of a dual-chassis, and has a slim, 2U design. The Black Lab Appliance Server runs Black Lab Server. It's among the quietest models in the industry, and it features easy-to-use, industry-standard management tools.
Placement: Rack-mountable - 2U
Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2420 V2 Hexa-core (6 Core) 2.20 GHz
Memory: 16 GB standard expandable to and offered with up to 192 GB
Hard Drive: 2TB of Storage
Optical Drive: DVD-Writer
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
Networking: Dual Gigabit Ethernet
Operating System: Black Lab Server
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability
Friday, September 18, 2015
With that lets go over what Black Lab Server 6.8 offers to customers.
Primary User Interface: Command Line
Secondary User Interface: XFCE
Emulation Services: VirtualBox, DOSBox, Hercules Mainframe Emulation
Docker support: Included with the Black Lab SDK
GCC Compiler Suite
Postfix E-Mail Server
Remote Administration via Webmin
Some other changes that we made are:
network-manager completely usable via the command line
Debian and Ubiquity Installers
Improved headless support
Accelerated Hardware Support no longer required
The cost for Black Lab Server 6.8 for one license is $399.99
You can also order it on our new Black Lab POWERServe system for $1,299.99
Eager to learn more of this exciting product we asked our development lead, Roberto, some questions:
Q) After spending so many years as being a desktop only distribution, why this leap into developing a server?
A) Well it was because mostly of customer demand. We noticed many of our customers were adding server applications and deploying them. They really like the user experience of Black Lab that they wanted a server system to complement their own infrastructure.
Q) How does Server 6.8 differ from eServer 6
A) eServer 6 is a product thats basically a do it yourself product. Most of the users of eServer use it for ATM's, Point Of Sale systems, billboards and other systems of that nature. Its also really useful as a common intranet appliance and not an internet appliance. Black Lab Server 6.8 is designed for a higher level of deployment, web hosting, e-mail hosting, high performance database and directory services. Its designed to scale much greater than what eServer 6 is designed to do.
Q) We also noticed a higher degree of virtualization technologies for example, mainframe virtualization. Do our customers use that?
A) Absolutely. Virtualization is necessary in todays world. Virtual systems are deployed by over 70% of enterprises. Mainframes are not going away. Many people hope they would but they arent. Mainframes are adapting, they are being used more in some datacenters and they just havent vanished into the night. We include Hercules because some customers want to be able to test and develop mainframe applications without having to do it on their primary systems and Hercules does support many of the popular mainframe systems, Z/OS, OS/390 OS's as well as the S/370, ESA/390, and z/Architecture instruction set and it supports networking. The users of course need to own the OS as we dont provide the Mainframe OS's but they can certainly deploy it
Q) When can customers purchase Black Lab Server 6.8?
Q) Whats the install media for Black Lab Server 6.8
A) USB Flash Drive, DVD, SD Card, Preinstalled Hard Drive and you can order a Virtual Machine Hard Drive image.
The Black Lab POWERServe Specifications
2x 500GB Hard Drive,
9.8" Deep Ultra-Short Chassis,
2x Gigabit LAN
Price with 3yr warranty: $1,650.00
Please contact email@example.com for shipping costs for the Black Lab POWERServe
Friday, August 21, 2015
- EXT4 gains file-system level encryption (thanks to Google)
- Logitech lg4ff driver improves ‘force feedback’ for gaming wheels
- Toshiba laptop driver gains USB sleep charging and backlight improvements
- Rumble support for Xbox One controller
- Better battery reporting in Wacom tablet driver
- Various misc. power improvements for both ARM and x86 devices
- Samsung Exynos 3250 power management improvements
- Support for the Bamboo Pad
- Lenovo OneLink Pro Dock gains USB support
- Support for Realtek 8723A, 8723B, 8761A, 8821 Wi-Fi cards
kernel 4.1.6 Enablement Kit
Black Lab Linux 4.x/5.x/6.x/2015.x
Linux Mint 17.x
Welcome to PC/OpenSystems LLC
PC/OpenSystems LLC. is dedicated to providing top customer service including integration, providing Linux compatible hardware and enterprise desktop software solutions. We provide solutions tailored to your needs whether its building systems to suit your needs. Whether its a custom database solution, providing Linux powered PC and Server Solutions. Whatever you need you can rest assured that PC/OpenSystems LLC. will deliver a high performance and stable product
PC/OpenSystems LLC. Web Search